The Mt. Shasta Trail Association, Inc (MSTA) is looking for a qualified person to manage its Gateway Trail Project.
The Gateway Trail involves the construction/reconstruction of 7 miles of non-motorized trail on federal lands administered by the USDA Forest Service, adjacent to the city of Mt. Shasta. The project is being funded by a grant administered by the California Department of Parks and Recreation, and involves both trail development and a trailhead facility. The Project Manager would be coordinating all aspects of the project, working with contractors, Forest Service employees, and MSTA personnel.
Project Manager Qualifications:
- Experience with non-profit grant management, strategic planning, and budgeting.
- Strong relationship with local community members, businesses, government agencies, and outdoor recreation community
- Knowledge of NEPA, CEQA, and other federal/state environmental regulations
- Knowledge of the Gateway Trail project site and boundaries (Also known as the “Tunnel Trail”).
- Knowledge of Recreational Trails Program (RTP) requirements, as administered by the California Department of Parks and Recreation.
The Project Manager would function as an independent contractor, and would need to cover their own benefits, taxes and other costs such as transportation. Work hours would be part-time, averaging approximately 8 hours per week. The contract would establish project benchmarks and deliverables, and put limits on the amount of time the Project Manager would work. Compensation would be $45/hour. To apply for this position, please mail a statement addressing the above 5 qualifications to:
Mt. Shasta Trail Association
PO Box 36
Mt. Shasta, CA 96067
Or email the statement to:
Please submit all statements by September 24, 2011.