Please join the Mount Shasta Trail Association on Thursday June 6, 2019, at 6 pm, at the Weed Community Center for our annual meeting. Beer, wine and appetizers provided!
We’ll review the considerable progress made on the following important projects:
- The Gateway Phase 2 Trail proposal, a 45-mile addition to the existing 10.7 miles of the existing Gateway network on national forest lands.
- Work to create a safe trail to Mossbrae Falls (yes, it’s mind-bending to think this might happen).
- Numerous work parties to maintain trails and clean up messes left by those who can’t be named.
- Further expansion and improvement of the City Park to Downtown Greenway Trail.
- Changes to the Lake Siskiyou Trail: a defined trail has been completed through the campground, and future ideas for a permanent bridge over the delta are being considered.
There will be short presentations by several guests, including one on the new Siskiyou Outdoor Recreation Alliance and another on the upcoming Mount Shasta Trail Challenge & Celebration.
NOTE THE NEW LOCATION FOR THIS MEETING: this year we are gathering at the extremely new and nice Weed Community Center that is located at 161 East Lincoln Avenue, adjacent to Charles Byrd Park. From I-5, take Hwy 97 north about 1 mile to Lincoln Ave., turn right, go ¼ mile, and the community center is on your left.
Beer, wine, and appetizers will be served from 6 pm to 7 pm, with presentations from 7 pm to 8 pm.
If you miss it, we will eat all the food and drink the beer and wine meant for you.
Hope to see you there.