The US Forest Service just finished some heavy work to revise and reroute the Sisson Callahan Trail, but it needs some finish work by volunteers.
The Mount Shasta Trail Association, BikeShasta, Shasta Gravity Adventures, and Trail Labs Co are combining forces to sponsor the volunteer work this weekend. This is your chance to get out there, get dirty, and touch up a fantastic trail.
Here’s the plan:
- If it’s not raining significantly (we’ll work in light rain) and the AQI is < 100, we’ll meet in the parking lot just north of the Lake Siskiyou Dam at 9 am on Saturday, Oct 10. The address is 2400 WA Barr Rd for out-of-towners. Assemble near the restrooms.
- We’ll caravan (carpool for those who are comfortable) up South Fork Rd and then to the second cement wash.
- Bring your own lunch and some water (we’ll provide some snacks, water, bubbly, etc.).
- We’ll have loppers, iron rakes, and McCleods, but you can bring your own if you have them.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment includes long sleeve shirts, pants, boots, gloves, and hardhats. We will bring some hardhats.
- You’ll be asked to sign a volunteer sheet and listen to a short “job hazard analysis.”
- We’ll work from 9 to about 1, but you can leave anytime, or stay longer.
- Some may wish to ride up in the back of pickups with their bikes, then bicycle out.
On Sunday, repeat!
Feel free to share this notice widely.
John Harch, MSTA